My first childhood memory is a black&white still frame but I would like to keep it to myself what it represents. Nevertheless, looking back that memory made me realize the way I think and explained why I became a photographer. I am not much of a talker but I am a damn good storyteller. Photographs are my conversations, my novels and my essays because photographs are faster than words.
Everything else you should know about me is inside ‘portfolio’ at this website.
However, if you do insist on learning more about me, here is top 11 facts worth knowing:
- I studied at Director of Photography and Television Production Department of The Film School in Lodz and history of art in both University of Warsaw and Paris Sorbonne IV University
- I made my PhD in Visual Arts in 2015, specialization (surprise, surprise): Photography
- I was teaching at the European Academy of Photography in Warsaw, Academy of Theatre in Warsaw, at The Film School in Lodz and Warsaw Film School; also at the Warsaw University of Humanities
- I have spent many years living abroad: in Berlin (1969/70), in Paris (1972-1977 and 1980-1985) and in New York City (1990)
- My photographs are in numerous collections in Poland, France, Japan, Norway, Germany, Switzerland, Sweden and United States of America.
- I exhibited photographic cycles in places like Old Gallery ZPAF (Warsaw), Centre of Japanese Art & Technology Manggha (Cracow), Warsaw Royal Castle Library, Ujazdowski Castle Centre for Contemporary Art Zamek Ujazdowski in Warsaw, Yours Gallery (Warsaw), Le Guern Gallery (Warsaw), Warsaw Fotoplastikon, Atlas Sztuki Gallery (Lodz), Museum of Warsaw Resurrection, Leica Gallery Warsaw
What I do:
- films, photographic advertising and social campaigns, as well as projects for public institutions
- write on photography
- publish books and photobooks
- curate photography exhibitions and jury in photo contests
- lead Master Classes and Workshops; coach and prepare before exams for universities and fine art schools (for more visit shop)